Convenient day trip to Otaru with multilingual audio system.
The multilingual audio guidance provided by foreigners residing in Hokkaido is filled with humor and fun! The audio coming from the headphones adds reality to your journey. Japanese guidance is given by an actual tour guide so Japanese passengers can also enjoy the tour.
Embarkation is possible at from Sapporo Station Bus Terminal., and Otaru Station Bus Terminal. Just look for the tour guide with a sign in front of the front desk of your hotel.
The bus leaves the station area and passes in front of Hokkaido University, then takes the expressway to Otaru. From the expressway you can see Ishikari Bay.
As soon as we arrive in Otaru, we head for a [Former Hokkaido Bank Main Branch, Otaru Bine] , a historical monument of Otaru that was renovated into a wine shop where you can enjoy tasting. After the tasting, we will explore the Otaru Canal area. Here you have the option of taking a group photo. After free time on the canal, buffet lunch is provided at Grand Park Hotel Otaru. Enjoy the Western, Chinese and dessert buffet to your heart’s content.
After lunch we will stop in at Tanaka Sake Brewery and enjoy a tour and tasting, then explore the Kitaichi Glass Factory and Music Box Museum area. In this area you can enjoy the romantic Western architecture of Kitaichi Glass Factory built in the Taisho Era, and enjoy shopping at various sweets shops and other stores in the area. We will then head for Mt. Tengu in Otaru and take a ropeway to the summit where you can view the entire city and port of Otaru, Ishikari Bay and on sunny days the Shokanbetsu Mountain Range and Shakotan Peninsula. The tour can originate in Otaru as well so it is convenient for guests staying in Otaru.
Otaru Bay Story Tour (Multilingual Audio Tour)
|Operation Period||Apr 1 – Apr 18, 2018 Nov 5 – Nov 20, 2018|
|Duration||8 hours 45 min
|Embarkation Point/Departure and Arrival Times|
|Sapporo Station Bus Terminal / Start: 9:15 End: 18:00
Otaru Station Bus Terminal / Start: 10:05 End: 16:50
※Guidance is provided with multilingual audio system in Japanese, English, Chinese and Korean. A tour guide will be present, but will not provide guidance.
With multilingual audio system in 4 languages (Japanese, English, Chinese and Korean) you can discover more different and fun activities that you can do in Otaru. This is the guided tour for both international and Japanese tourists to discover and know trivia of Otaru.
Convenient day trip to Otaru with multilingual audio system.
|9:15||Sapporo Station Bus Terminal|
|10:05||※①Otaru Station Bus Terminal|
|10:15～10:30||Former Hokkaido Bank Main Branch (Wine shop Otaru Bine tour, tasting and shopping）【15min】|
|10:35～11:35||※②Otaru Canal Bus Terminal（visit for 60min ･※①the sweets coupon is available here for extra pay）|
|11:50～13:15||※③Grand Park Otaru (buffet meal consisting mainly of Italian, Chinese cuisine and desert )・Free time to explore Wing Bay Otaru [85 min]|
|13:25～13:55||※④Tanaka Shuzo Brewery Kikko Gura（visit / tasting）【30 min】|
|14:00～15:45||Kitaichi Glass Factory and Otaru Music Box Museum (free time) ※④Kitakaro [85 min.]|
|16:10～16:35||※⑥Glass Studio in Otaru [20min.]|
|16:50||Otaru Station Bus Terminal|
|17:25||Nishimachi Kita 20 cho-me (Miyanosawa Subway Station)|
|17:40||Kita 1 Jo Nishi 12 cho-me|
|17:50||Sapporo Grand Hotel|
|17:55||Sapporo Clock Tower|
|18:00||Sapporo Station Bus Terminal|
|18:10||Sapporo Park Hotel|
- ※① Board from Platform 6 at Otaru Station Bus Terminal.
- ※② Group photo option available upon arrival at Otaru Canal Terminal (¥1,000 per photo. )
- ※③ Buffet-style lunch consisting mainly of Western, Chinese cuisine and desert (70 min) Lunch Buffet is free for preschool children.
- ※④ Tasting after observing the factory (guided tour) Besides tasting sake, there is sampling of sake dumplings, castella cake, and black bean tea. Outside you can drink fresh water from the well. (subject to change)
- ※⑤ Show the bus ticket stub at Kitakaro and get a set of “Hamanasu no Koi” cookies.
- ※ Passengers will receive a 10% discount ticket usable at Kitano Ryoba Otaru Canal Branch and Otaru 5 Go Branch for purchases of marine and agricultural products and crafts, plus a 5% discount ticket for snacks and sweets. (Excludes drinks and alcohol, economic sets including shipping, shipping, and cooler cases.)
- ※ Glass workshop inside of the Glass Studio in Otaru is closed every Tuesday. (The store is open.) You can get a 10 % discount for items at the Glass Studio in Otaru when you show your bus ticket stub.
- ※ The Otaru Mt. Tengu Ropeway is scheduled to be closed between Apr 1 - 18, and Nov 5 - 20 due to maintenance. If the maintenance period changes, you will not be able to ride the ropeway.
- ※ As a basic rule, lunch is served from 12 P.M. at Grand Park Hotel. However, due to circumstances, time may be changed to 13:00 P.M. In such case the itinerary following lunch will change to below; Otaru Canal Terminal (exploring 10:35 - 11:35 -> Sakaimachi Ave. -> Kitaichi Glass, Otaru Music Box Museum, Kitakaro (free time) 11:40- 13:00 -> Grand Park Otaru (Buffet lunch), shopping at Wing Bay Otaru 13:15 ->14:40-> Tanaka Sake Brewery Kikkogura 14:50 - 15:20 → The Glass Studio in Otaru 15:50 – 16:10 → Otaru Station Bus Terminal 16:25 (The duration at each destination will be 30 minutes shorter..)
※Colored days are operating days.
◎Tour will be cancelled when there is no reservation by 18:00 the day before.
◎Duration of sightseeing may be changed due to the traffic and the number of passengers. Further, arrival time may be delayed so be sure to allow ample time for transferring to other modes of transport.
◎Arrival time will be earlier than scheduled time due to closed days or the limits on tours at each facility.
◎Please allow enough time for transfer to the other modes of transport, because buses may be delayed due to the traffic jams or adverse weather conditions.
◎Tours may be cancelled due to traffic restrictions in the event of disaster or marathons. Please contact us to reconfirm operation in such cases.