This is a limited season tour which features Lake Shikotsu Hyoto Festival (Ice Fall Festival) in winter time. Night viewing of illuminated ice falls is just awesome, and you can enjoy a fantastic atmosphere. Ice sculptures are made from the lake water of Lake Shikotsu, which is well known for the clarity of its water. Make the best of extended-stay during the fireworks event! Enjoy the majestic winter night to the fullest!
Lake Shikotsu Illumination and Ice Festival
|Operation Period||Jan 25 - Feb 17, 2019|
|Duration||5 hour 20 min
(5 hours 55 min during the fireworks event)
|Embarkation Point/Departure and Arrival Times|
|Sapporo Station Bus Terminal Dep: 15:10
Arr. 20:35 (arr. at 21:05 during fireworks display season)
*This course is operated in Japanese only.
Awash in twilight, Lake Shikotsu Hyoto Festival creates a majestic world with ice falls illumination.
|15:10||Sapporo Station Bus Terminal|
|Sapporo Minami IC|
|15:55～16:10||Wattsu Parking Area (rest)【15 min】|
|17:10～18:35||※①Shikotsu Kohan (free time / visit Hyoto-matsuri Festival / dinner for self-pay) 【85 min】 (17:10～19:05 115 min during the fireworks event)|
|19:35～19:50||Wattsu Parking Area (rest)【15 min】|
|Sapporo Minami IC|
|20:25||Sapporo Factory (D/O possible)(20:55 during the fireworks event)|
|20:30||Sapporo Clock Tower (21:00 during the fireworks event)|
|20:35||Sapporo Station Bus Terminal (21:05 during the fireworks event)|
- ※①Show your Regular Sightseeing Bus Tour Ticket at Restaurant Memere and get a free glass of Amazake or green tea, or soft drink (orange juice, Calpis, coca Cola, Melon Soda and oolong tea) get a 10% discount on all other drinks.
Also the stay at Lake Shikotsu will be 30 minutes longer than scheduled during the fireworks event. (Arrival time in Sapporo will be 30 minutes later.)
- ※The fireworks display is held every Sat., Sun. and holiday during the festival.
- ※In some cases tour of the lakeside and festival will be shortened due to traffic congestion. Further, we may not be able to visit the Hyoto Festival or watch the fireworks if arrival at Lake Shikotsu is delayed. Crowds are expected between Feb 9 - 11, during the long weekend.
- ※The venue is very slippery so please take caution when walking.
- ・Be reminded that the tour bus does not stop at New Chitose Airport and JR Minami Chitose Station.
- ・Lake Shikotsu is extremely cold so be sure to dress in warm clothes.
※Colored days are operating days.
◎Lake Shikotsu is very cold, so please dress warmly.
※Tour will be cancelled when there is no reservation by 18:00 the day before.
※Duration of tour may change depending on traffic congestion or number of passengers.
※Arrival time will be earlier than scheduled time due to the closed days or limit on tours at each facility.
※Buses may be delayed due to traffic congestion and adverse weather, so please allow ample time for transfer to other means of transportation.
※Tours may be cancelled due to the disasters. Please inquire about operation schedule during adverse weather.