This is a limited season tour which features Lake Shikotsu Hyoto Festival (Ice Fall Festival) in winter time. Night viewing of illuminated ice falls is just awesome, and you can enjoy a fantastic atmosphere. The Lake Shikotsu, the Hyoto Festival site, is well known for the clarity of its water and the second deepest lake after Lake Tazawa in rich and wild nature. Due to its depth, it is said that it became the northernmost lake in Japan that does not freeze. Make the best of extended-stay during the fireworks event! Enjoy the majestic winter night to the full!
Lake Shikotsu Illumination and Ice Festival
|Operation Period||Jan 27 - Feb 19, 2017|
|Duration||5 hour 20 min
(5 hours 55 min during the fireworks event)
|Embarkation Point/Departure and Arrival Times|
|Sapporo Station Bus Terminal Dep: 15:10
Arr. 20:35 (arr. at 21:05 during fireworks display season)
Awash in twilight, Lake Shikotsu Hyoto Festival creates a majestic world with ice falls illumination.
|15:10||Sapporo Station Bus Terminal|
|Sapporo Minami IC|
|15:55～16:10||Wattsu Parking Area(rest)【15 min】|
|17:10～18:35||※①Shikotsu Kohan (free time / visit Hyoto-matsuri Festival / dinner for self-pay) 【85 min】 (17:10～19:05 115 min during the fireworks event)|
|19:35～19:50||Wattsu Parking Area(rest)【15 min】|
|Sapporo Minami IC|
|20:30||Sapporo Clock Tower (21:00 during the fireworks event)|
|20:35||Sapporo Station Bus Terminal (21:05 during the fireworks event)|
- ※①Show your Regular Sightseeing Bus Tour Ticket at Restaurant Memere and get a free glass of Amazake or green tea, or soft drink (orange juice, calpis, coca Cola, Melon Soda and oolong tea) get a 10% discount on all other drinks.
Also the stay at Lake Shikotsu will be 30 minutes longer than scheduled during the fireworks event. (Arrival time in Sapporo will be 30 minutes later.)
- ※The fireworks display is held every Sat., Sun. and holiday during the festival.
- ※In some cases tour of the lakeside and festival will be shortened due to traffic congestion. Further, we may not be able to watch the fireworks if arrival at Lake Shikotsu is delayed.
- ※The venue is very slippery so please take caution when walking.
- ※Be reminded that the tour bus does not stop at New Chitose Airport and JR Minami Chitose Station.
- ※Lake Shikotsu is extremely cold so be sure to dress in warm clothes.
※Colored days are operating days.
◎Lake Shikotsu is very cold, so please dress warmly.
※Tour will be cancelled when there is no reservation by 18:00 the day before.
※Duration of tour may change depending on traffic congestion or number of passengers.
※Arrival time will be earlier than scheduled time due to the closed days or limit on tours at each facility.
※Buses may be delayed due to traffic congestion and adverse weather, so please allow ample time for transfer to other means of transportation.
※Tours may be cancelled due to the disasters. Please inquire about operation schedule during adverse weather.