This year marks the 19th year since Otaru Snow Light Path started 1999. The snow candles are set out in the atmospheric streets, which is locally handy-crafted. In the evening, each candle is lit up along Otaru Canal and former Temiya Railway, creating a fantastic atmosphere. This course take you to Otaru warmed with the flaring candles for a limited period. You will first visit Kitaichi Glass and Otaru Music Box Museum where you can enjoy the sound of the orgel and twinkly light of the glass. We will have a stopover at Otaru Canal Bus Terminal for self-pay meal and enjoy your free time. You can have sushi along the “Sushiya Dori” This tour takes you upslope to the top of Mt. Tengu by rope way, you can enjoy one of the three major nightscape of Hokkaido. Held annually for 10 days, the Otaru Snow Light Path is a perfect plan to spend a romantic night in Otaru!
Otaru Snow Light Path Tour
|Operation Period||Feb 3 - Feb 12, 2017|
|Duration||7 hours 25 minutes
|Embarkation Point/Departure and Arrival Times|
|Sapporo Station Bus Terminal Dep. 14:10 Arr. 21:35
Otaru Station Bus Terminal Dep. 15:10 Arr. 20:25
※Includes fare for Mt. Tengu Ropeway.
Round Trip to Otaru, Awash in Evening Twilight
|14:10||Sapporo Station Bus Terminal|
|Via Nishi 5 Chome|
|Sapporo Kita IC|
|15:10||Otaru Station Bus Terminal|
|15:20～16:15||Kitaichi Glass and Otaru Music Box Museum※①Kitakaro (visit)【55 min】|
|16:25～16:45||Former Hokkaido Bank Central Branch (※②Wine Shop Otaru Bine)(visit /tasting / shopping）【20min】|
|16:50～18:50||※③Otaru Snow Light Path on Otaru Canal Site (free time & self-pay meal) 【120 min】|
|19:10～20:10||※④Tenguyama Ropeway (round trip) 【60 min】|
|20:25||Otaru Station Bus Terminal|
|Sapporo Nishi IC|
|21:00||Nishimachi Kita 20 cho-me and Miyanosawa Subway Station|
|21:15||Kita 1 jo Nishi 12 cho-me|
|21:30||Sapporo Clock Tower|
|21:35||Sapporo Station Bus Terminal|
- ※①Show the bus ticket stub at Kitakaro and get 2 “Hamanasu no Koi” cookies.
- ※②Enjoy tasting "hot wine."
- ※③Dinner is paid by individual. (Some stores may be closed) Pick up and drop off at Otaru Canal Terminal.
* You can receive a 10 % discount for meals at the Otaru Bine with the bus ticket stub. (No discount for items at the gift shop.)
* Show the bus ticket stub and receive a discount for meals at Otaru Masazushi Central Branch, Otaru Masazushi Zen-an, Nihonbashi, Yamatoya Hanazono Branch, Sushi and Japanese Cuisine Shikama, Machinosushi Central Branch, Otaru Unga Shokudo(for dining only) and Hana-gokoro Otaru Branch(receive 10 % discount).
- ※④You may not be able to see the nightscape due to snow storms. If the ropeway is closed due to adverse weather conditions you will receive a souvenir in place of a ride.
- * You will be handed a 10% discount coupon that can be used at Kitano Ryoba Otaru Canal Branch and Otaru No.5 Branch to purchase crafts, marine and agricultural products, and a 5% discount ticket for snacks(excludes drinks, alcohol, economical gift sets that include shipping and cold case costs).
※Colored days are operating days.
※Otaru Snow Light Path Feb. 5 - Feb. 14, 2016
※Tour will be cancelled when there is no reservation by 18:00 the day before.
※Duration of tour may change depending on traffic congestion or number of passengers. Buses may also be delayed, so please allow ample time for transfer to other means of transportation.
※Arrival time will be earlier than scheduled time due to the closed days or limit on tours at each facility.
※Buses may be delayed due to traffic congestion and adverse weather, so please allow ample time for transfer to other means of transportation.
※Tours may be cancelled due to disaster. Please inquire about operation schedule during adverse weather.